Manuscripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions are reviewed initially by the Editor, and only those that meet scientific and editorial standards will be sent to anonymous double-blind review by outside reviewers. The editorial board reserves the right to request the author(s) to introduce modifications before the publications. All approved papers will be published in open access on the Journal site: http://apsijournal.com/
The originals submitted for the publication in the periodical «Psychological journal» must meet the following requirements:
The standard length of the paper is from 12 pages including references and summaries, in Times New Roman 12, 1,5 spaced, with 2,5 cm upper- lower- and left-margins, 1 cm for right margin. The manuscripts must be in at least Word 97. Decimal numbers should be separated by commas (e.g. 0,2) Font sizes for: formulas – 11, large index – 8, small index – 5, a large symbol – 14, a small symbol – 11. Illustrations (tables, figures, pictures) should be formatted in the MS Word, grouped as one object. Each illustration should be numbered and entitled (in italics) and placed in the corresponding part of the text.
3. Title – author’s identification
The first page must include the UDC code of the article on the top left corner of the page, author’s name and e-mail on the top right corner of the page. The title of the article should be written in bold Times New Roman, 12, centred.
4. Manuscript Requirements
According to the requirements set out in the Resolution of the Presidium of the HAC of Ukraine № 705/1 from 15.01.03 articles should comprise the following essential elements:
- problem definition and its relationship with important scientific and practical tasks;
- analysis of recent researches and publications;
- purpose of article (the main problems);
- methods and techniques;
- the main material study with full justification of scientific results;
- conclusions of the study and prospects for further research;
- references (according to the latest requirements);
- list of references in transliteration;
- initials and last name of the author, title of the article in English;
- summary in English (25 lines) and key words in English (8-10 words);
- information about the author in Ukrainian and English: surname, name and patronymic; degree, title, position, place of work, city, post-code, country, office phone number.
- abstract of the article in English.
5. Additionally each manuscript should include brief summaries (25 lines) in Ukrainian, Russian on a separate page preceding the article and in English following the article, accompanied by titles, 8-10 key words and author’s name and contact details in respective languages.
References should come after the text of the article. They should be written with a 14 point body and in alphabetic order.
Electronic resources: The Scottish Institute for Residential Child Care. Social Work Undergraduate Degree [Electronic resource]. – Access mode : <http://www.sircc.org.uk/education/honsdegree> – Title. – English.
Thesis: Волченко О.М. Формування комунікативної компетенції майбутніх учителів іноземних мов у вищих педагогічних навчальних закладах : дис…кандидата пед. наук : спец. 13.00.01 «Загальна педагогіка та історія педагогіки» / Ольга Михайлівна Волченко. – К. : НАПН України, Інт педагогіки, 2011. – 264 с.
Journals: Дубовицкая Т.Д. Методика диагностики направленности учебной мотивации / Татьяна Дмитриевна Дубовицкая // Психологическая наука и образование. – 2002 – № 2. – С. 42–45.
A book of an author: Сафонова В.В. Изучение языков международного общения в контексте диалога культур и цивилизаций / Виктория Викторовна Сафонова. – Воронеж : Стоки, 1996. – 237 с.
A book of two–three authors: Редько В.Б. Учебник физики и видеозапись / В.Б.Редько, Р.В.Борисович, В.В.Молодцова. – Одесса : «Оптиум», 2002 – 140 с.
A book of four or more authors: Вікова і педагогічна психологія : Навчальний посібник. – 2ге. вид. / [О.В.Скрипченко, Л.В.Волинська, З.В.Огороднійчук, І.С.Булах та ін.]. – Київ : Каравела, 2009. – 400 с.
Collection of scientific works: Bernier A. The Client Counselor Match And The Corrective Emotional Experience : Evidence From Interpersonal And Attachment Research / A. Bernier, M. Dozier// Psychotherapy : Theory/Research/Practice/Training. – 2002. – V. 39(1). – P. 32–43.
Evans J. Cohort study of depressed mood during pregnancy and following childbirth / J. Evans, J. Heron, H. Francomb // BMJ. – 2001. – Vol. 323. – P. 257–260..
7. Reviewing procedure of the articles:
‘Psychological journal’ is a peer-reviewed collection of research papers.
Manuscripts are undergo a double-blind review procedure, where reviewers and authors do not know each other’s identity. After a preliminary internal review, articles are sent to external subject specialists. In case of lack of consensus between the two reviewers, editors summon a third reviewer.
Review forms filled in by reviewers are sent to the author of the article, who is expected to to introduce the reviewers’ suggested modifications and comment on the review in writing. If the author does not agree with some of the corrections, their justification is consulted with the reviewer who has proposed them. In justified cases a third reviewer could be asked for consultation.
Reviews have a written form, the originals are stored in the archives.
8. Ghost-writing and plagiarism policy
To counteract ‘ghost-writing’ and ‘guest authorship’, the authors are asked to:
– reveal their contribution to the article and the institutional affiliation of all authors who participate in the publication;
– indicate information about the sources found for submitted publication, contribution of scientific and research institution, or other institutions;
– sign a declaration of copyright which will be sent to those authors whose articles are accepted.
Any indication of plagiarism, or braking conditions of copyright, will be exposed by the editorial team to the institutions involved.